Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Mom


I wanted to write a separate entry just for my mama. This woman is absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! She inspires me to be better all the time. While we were there visiting I want to share just some of the little things she did for me that really impacted me….
Before we got there she got all my favorite foods, planning out each meal. I asked her if she could make us German Pancakes one of the morning we were there, to my surprise I woke up with them already made waiting for me to eat. While we were sleeping she woke up at 4 o’clock in the morning before she went to work at 6 and made us all her famous German Pancakes. What mom does that? We did puzzles together, while she sang to us. She took us everywhere, making sure Log got the full experience of South Dakota. She acted like a big dork with me. She read to us while spending hours in the car. She went everywhere we wanted to go without complaining even though she had been to all the same places about a million times now.
When we were younger she made up a song for all 9 of us and sang our own personal songs to us ALL of the time. I LOVED my song and I still do. She has always listened to me and been there for me when I couldn’t go a step further on my own, she carried me. She has always strengthened me with her testimony of the gospel. Growing up she would sing in church all the time and I remember thinking how beautiful she sounded and how incredibly lucky I was to have a mom who sings. She sang all of our names on the answering machine, people would call and tell us not to answer so they could hear our cute song. When I was in high school EVERY morning she would wake me up with a good morning song with breakfast in her hands and a glass of milk, what teenager gets breakfast in bed every morning? She gave me the car when she got a new one, the Nissan Altima and told me not to tell anyone. They all found out and have been jealous that I was the only child to be given a car which I still have now and is STILL running. It’s a miracle actually, that thing should not be running with all that it has been through, I call it my tithing car that’s the only way it still going like a champ. My mom taught me the importance and beauty of a sunset. She sang me to sleep. She laughs with me, she cries with me. Even though I don’t get to see her NEARLY enough as I want to. I still get goofy text from her and the best pictures too all the time! And when I do get to see her it makes me that much more aware and grateful for the time I do have to spend with her. I want to be the mother she has been to me to my children that I’ll have some day. I want to be the fun, goofy, uplifting, inspiring, happy Mom she has been to me all my life. I love her with ALL my heart and more. Thank you mama for who you are and who you teach me to be. You are my hero.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! She is one AMAZING woman! We are SO blessed to have such a wonderful mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously!!! MOST AMAZING MOM EVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete