Sunday, July 25, 2010

Books

Lately I have been obsessed with reading! I LOVE it and can't get enough of it. This is really weird for me to be saying considering that i've always hated reading since I can remember. I am a really s-l-o-w reader and I would dred in high school, church, family reading, being called to read outloud. I would say the same word like 5 times and nothing flowed, it would take me twice as long to read then anyone else it seemed. You may think who cares it's just reading it's not a big deal but to me I have always struggled with being confident in this area. I borrowed a book from my sister a couple weeks ago and took it with me everywhere I went. I got sooo into it and I felt so uplifting and strengthened by it. I finished it in just a couple days and have read more books since. Now I am reading a new book that I can't put down. Me and Log went on a walk, and I brought my book with me. People were looking at me really weird, and our neighbor drove by and asked what I was doing, but I can't help it, I found something I love!! It was so nice outside that after our walk Log got two chairs out for both of us and put them right in front of our house with a glass of apple juice. He sat next to me while I read to him. He has no idea what's going on in the book but he sat there acting interested. Have I mentioned I LOVE this man!!! I am becoming more confident in reading and loving every minute of it.
---
--
---
Since we got married I thought it would look so cute if we paiting this 80s book shelf we got black and antiqued it to make it look more up to date. But other things came first, so since my sister Laree redid her entire family room and kitchen all on her own I decided okay I am FINALLY going to do the book shelf. My sweet husband got all the stuff we needed for it that ended up being far more expensive than we had planned but he still did it knowing how much I wanted it and while I was at work on Saturday, Him and my Dad went to town and did it ALL... They are A M A Z I N G! When I came home it was all done and ready for me to decorate. I absolutely love it and can and have stared at it forever. This is the before and after pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment