Saturday, November 13, 2010

C H R I S T M A S

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas. Everything about this time of year makes me soo happy. SO... earlier this week we got in the Christmas spirit and decided to put up all our Christmas decorations. It's amazing how much we have because we have been given so much stuff. It's so great...
We started our morning off with a batch of pancakes, turning on Amy Grant like my family always did when we were little, then put up the tree. We even have a little tree that we put up that I LOVE! It's so much fun. We cleaned and decorated up until 2pm then we went grochery shopping and got chistmas lights for the outside of our house. When my dad put up Christmas lights they were the icicle ones. I have always loved those, so we got some for ourselves. Nog spent a couple hours putting them up, (I watched I was a good helper) :)
and now... Presenting OUR Christmas Tree!!

Stockings!... 3 you ask? Well we figure one day we'll have a little chap to take the 3rd.

Tiny tree! Nog came up with the idea on how to set it up.. impressive a?!

Close up...
And the Grand Finale.
After we finished it all we came inside and made hot choclate (my fav)
Last year for Christmas we got from Talmage a sweet dvd of a fire place, with a fire burning inside, since we got it we joked that we would watch it. So guess what happened, when our hot choclate was all ready for us we sat on the couch to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas when I found out Nog sneaked in our Fire Place Movie, and it was exactly that. They even had different settings which we were shocked at. You choose, #1 Flickering to Roaring #2 Flickering #3 Moderate #4 Roaring. We watched all 4 settings. Roaring was by far the most risky they zoomed in really close to the flames, the whole screen was on fire. Flickering not so much just alot of popping and crackling. Moderate was impressive, it had just the right touch, no zooming involded, just a solid picture of a fire place. Flickering to roaring just slowly zooming in and out to make it more interesting i guess. So, after much deliberation we decided Moderate was our favorite choose. It was soo soothing infact we fell asleep to the crackling of our pretend fire place while starring into the heavens of our Christmas Tree, how romantic...
Then when we awoke we turned on a movie and ate some grub, what a day.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you put up your Christmas stuff already. We've been listening to Christmas music for about a week already.

    Your explaination of the fireplace video was hilarious! I HAVE TO go buy one! I think it'd keep us busy for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Ahnnie, I heart these posts so much! I can hear in my head every word that you say just the way that you say it. Seriously you're really great.

    ReplyDelete