Wednesday, November 17, 2010

To my BEAutiful mama

Mom,
I want you to know how much I love you. You are such a strength in my life and such a beautiful person. I'm thankful for all you have taught me growing up and every day. When I was in high school you came to my room each morning and brought me breakfast in bed with a big nice class of milk, that always meant the world to me. I love how you tell me every time I talk to you how badly you need a haircut and how I need to come down there so I can give you one, after all I am your or the world most favorite hairstylist. :) I love how each of your kids have a song to go with their name, and how we would beg you every day to sing OUR song to us. I love how you made us german pancakes, yellow meal, malt o meal that I still can't make without huge lumps in it. Breakfast foods have always been my favorite. I loved when I got home late I would come into your room at night and tell you about my day. I was always jealous how you never had to get braces and now here I sit 7 years after I got mine off, and am still wearing really pretty retainers every day. I love watching home videos of you with all of us and how you would play with us and make us each feel like WE were the most important, how you showed your love for us and still do. I love how I still have the ring you bought me when I turned 16 and still wear it each day and think of you. How you got me seriously addicted (no exaggeration) to puzzles. and how each time I do them I wish you were there singing while you worked. I love how I can and do come to you when times are hard or happy that you will listen and take on my burdens with me until I feel at peace. I love listening to your beautiful voice while you sing. I've always wished I could sing like my mom does. I love watching you get teary eyed over such tiny little things, like family pictures, a card, a hair brush... (you never know). And so much more I love you MOM. I love that I get to call you my Mom FORVER. You are my inspiration. I love you,
Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

  1. aw! that's SO sweet! i love it! miss your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE our mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to me! Thank you Annie~ I love you more than words can say. You make my heart sing~~ xoxoxoxoxoxox X's and O'x forEVER~~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE this Annie! You did so good at describing what an amazing mom that we have! Cause seriously she is amazing.

    ReplyDelete