Saturday, March 23, 2013

Latest

Koli's been sick ever since we got back from the cabin, and Nogs been telling me it's because I let her drink out of the bird bath water while we were there. I disagree, but maybe it is true and I'm a bad Mom for letting her. BUT each time I pulled her away it was like I was ripping her happiness away from her and I just couldn't do it. I'm the parent that will let my kids get away with, well, maybe too much. Nogs the parent who gets a bit more worried about things and is a bit more strict, in a good way. In church, me being "that" parent does not work in my favor. Koli will cry and cry while I'm holding her, finally I give in and let her down to roam. Nog on the other hand, well she wouldn't even try it because when she has in the past it's gotten her no where and she knows he won't let her down no matter how hard she fights. It makes me jealous, I'm thinking, what the! Not fair! But then again I did it to myself. Well I guess I'll be the cool Mom who she'll always come running to first to ask permission to do things but after all I know I'll end up saying, I don't know babe go ask your Dad and see what he thinks. So maybe not. But right now I am most definitely her favorite which is not normal (probably because she was sick and I was the one cuddling her all day which was heaven for me) but that girl loves anyone and everyone. For instance she went up to a complete stranger this morning and started hugging his leg, she looked up because I think she thought it was Nog but then realized it wasn't him and just kept her firm grip till I noticed and pulled her away. ha but still, I'll take it.

Nog had taken Koli one day while I was doing hair, she still wasn't feeling well so after running his first errand she had a major blowout and pooped EVERYWHERE. So he stripped her down and she was left in just her diaper, then she started getting really tired so he thought he would stop by Grandma and Grandpas for some Tax help from Dad for a little. His stay became longer then expected so he came to get me after I finished with hair so I could come put her down for a nap. I came in to get her and I found her like this, snuggled up with Grandma, naked underneath the blanket. Mickey Mouse was playing on the TV and they were passed out. I could not ask for a more wonderful Mother In Law. I LOVE how much she loves her grandchildren and is always spending the best quality time with our little Kollins.

I was so excited to take Koli out for a swim for the first time this year, but once I got her swimsuit on her she thought the strap on her neck was Way too tight. Each time I would snap it she would make this face. It was hilarious, then I would take it off and she would be totally fine. Luckily I have one in the mail on it's way to us now that will be just her size. (look at those legs, my favorite)
 
 Nog is the best Daddy, we were driving around running errands together and randomly we saw wild ducks roaming the neighborhood. So he immediately pulled over got Koli out of her car seat and brought her over to see the ducks.
Yep she's still in her pj's and so was I. We are big fans of getting ready much these days. ;)
 

 A trip to the plumbing store to get a water heater. I live for these random work errands they are just my favorite time spent together.
 Just eating grapes on the counter.
 Nog just ran another race! (jealous) after his race we decided to feed the ducks. I thought ahead and brought the bread. Koli ate most of it before the ducks could eat it. Unfortunately she wasn't too interested in the feeding the ducks part, she just kept trying to get in the pond water, what's up with this girl and filthy water, (no I didn't let her drink it this time) :) So we took her shoes off and she got to stick her feet in and she was quite content with that.

1 comment: