Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Laundry?

 
Since I have had my morning/day sickness strike I have neglected such things as...cleaning my house, washing the dishes, washing my face, making diner, doing the laundry, making the bed, getting Koli dressed. I have taken one at least, almost always two naps a day. We watched A LOT of Baby Signing Time. And well, I've pretty much stopped being a good human/wife who does all those nice things. But I've kind of loved the lazy time I've spent with Koli while she crawls all over me bringing me one book after another then signs eat all day long till I finally get up and get her a cracker that she's been wishing for and then we go back to laying. Nog came home from work, saw the Arizona room that we now live in and says "sick, this room is disgusting." Crumbs and all sorts of food smashed in the carpet, clothes everywhere. Diapers that had been changed but not taken out to the trash, and us just laying there looking dead, looking bored out of our minds but not willing to get up and do something about it. Well guess what!!! After we came back from a nice weekend stay at the cabin to visit my sister for her sweet baby boys blessing I came home and decided no matter how I feel I am getting that laundry done. And guess what I DID. I am so proud of myself. Haha ya I am. It had gotten so bad that from the last cabin trip the week prior our suitcase was still full not even taking out my hairbrush or curling iron to get ready and not lifting a finger to put any of it away. If you know me you know that my favorite part of a vacation, well the aftermath, is coming home and putting all of our stuff away, because I'm so excited to be back home. Nog loves that about me because he's never had to help put stuff away, and I find great satisfaction in getting everything back to the way it should be. But well not this time. Nog and I would just laugh at how gross we are, well how gross I am and what we lived in. But So worth it of course and excited to go through it. So anyway back on track, I did 8 loads of laundry today! It got so bad that I was wearing the most oddest attire because well I ran out of pj's to wear so I was resorting to some strange things. And had NO clean underclothes to wear... not good.... It took ALL day literally and while I got started it felt so good that I went on a cleaning spree and cleaned the entire house including mopping. I am so proud over here. I feel like a good wife again and Nog is so grateful. It's funny how when you stop doing everything including getting ready that now when I do I suddenly look so much more attractive to him. I'm liking this. Life is good over here and now I won't be so embarrassed when company is over because yep I'm wearing clean clothes and bonus I found $20.46 in the wash. (thumbs up) which Nog says is probably his, but I'm claiming it! (or at least the .46 cents)

2 comments:

  1. hahaha I loved your description of the Arizona room. So glad your feeling better sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm so happy for you guys! Sorry you've been sick, but I totally know how it is :) We do the same thing when I'm pregnant lol and it's no fun, but you have a good excuse to lay around. Growing a baby is hard work! I can't wait till you find out what you're having! I need to come see you next time I'm in town! Miss you guys! Hopefully I'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete