Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Allowance

I find myself ALWAYS wanting to do projects on our house that I get soooo excited about them and don't stop talking about them until they are done. Nog says it needs to stop and with that he gave me allowance. Which I was super excited about. He told me in January that my allowance would start the first of February and I already knew what I wanted to do next. I wanted to paint one wall in the front room red. The paint cost more than we thought.
Doesn't it always cost more than what we think?
So this project counts for February, March, April, and even May (but maybe he'll reconsider that month). haha.
Here are before, during, and after photos.


  It took us FOREVER to get the tape right to the exact size that I wanted to diamonds. Nogs so great he was so patient with me. We would tape off a section then I would say, no I want them smaller. He'd do it again, and again I'd say no a little smaller, again, a little bigger, and he went with it. I love him I don't know if I could be that patient. That alone took a full day haha then after that we started to put on the dry wall to create the textured look. It took 24 hours to dry because I wanted it so thick totally worth the wait though.
Koli wanted the door open so she could look out side while we were getting it all prepped.
 I really loved the way Kolis diamonds turned out on her wall so I decided I wanted to do the same look in the front room. We did the dry wall much thicker, the diamonds bigger, and the sponge painting a darker color instead of lighter and not so heavy, added the buttons for a finished look. Here it is! :)


1 comment: