Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sugars first hike

Talmage invited us to go on a grand hike with him. We took the offer and had a blast. It was Kolis first hike she rode the whole way up on Nogs belly and she was loving it. She slept almost the whole way up and slept the entire way down. She loves the movement. It must have been like riding in a car with all the bumbs, sounds, and turns, she loved it all.
It was awesome we have to do this WAY more.
 We went to the store to get her a hat but they don't make any sun hats for babies that are 5 months old. Only for like 2 year old heads, so we went with her jacket on her head. It worked great she didn't get sunburnt, not one bit.
Yes I am wearing a fanny pack and I loved it, it held all my goodies without the weight on my shoulders. These things should really come back in style.
 I got to a point on this hike were I found myself saying....
...
"Nog, just go on without me"
Nog - "A good soldier never leaves a man behind"
And so with that, we carried on, just much slower.
  Then hurray we made it. Totally worth it! This little one was such a champ plus Nog said he got a great work out carrying 15 extra pounds.

 This is were we sat at the top of the mountain and ate our delicous pb&j made with Talmages homemade Jelly. I didn't get any pictures with him because we was a speed demon. He left us both ways, he was so fast. He says we have to name the mountain after who was the fastest. So, I guess this mountain is now called "Mt. Tal." (for short)


2 comments:

  1. Way to go! Little Koli was such a trooper too! Just think, soon she will be running with
    Tal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cute! I love Kollins little pierced ears! So cute.

    ReplyDelete