Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter is a comin....

Easter is in 2 days I'm so excited! Allie came over and we made the coolest Easter eggs ever. Guess what we made them with???...
Ties!
How cool is that? They turned out awesome.
~ ~ ~
First you, get ties you want (they have to be silk) it doesn't have to be a tie, they just have the best patterns.
Then you cut them up by taking the inside out and using only the silk
Then you lay it out and wrap your raw egg in the tie a couple of times making sure the egg is on the silky part of the tie, and that the egg is covered by all the fabric.
 We used a hair rubber band to tie it, like so.
You put your raw egg in a pan with water and add some white vinegar in it after you've added the eggs. Probably about 1/2 to 1 cup I'm guess is what we used.
Once it comes to a boil turn it on Medium/Low heat for about 25 minutes
Take them out unwrap them and.....
Walla!! You've got the pattern of a tie.
Pretty cool A?! Now you have hard boiled Easter eggs to eat on Easter.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Here are some dang cute pictures of Koli hanging out on Grandmas lap for a while. She was loving getting her back scratched, it's her favorite thing ever.

2 comments:

  1. No way! That is soooooooooooooooo awesome! I'm totally going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did those once before! I had completely forgotten until I saw your post, but I don't think mine worked out, I don't know why. They were just a big mess. Maybe I used the wrong kind of tie...
    Happy Easter! And Happy 7 month birthday to Kollins (yesterday) Wow our babies our Old

    ReplyDelete