Sunday, June 17, 2012

American Sign Language

For so long now I have always loved Sign Language since my sister Heather introduced me to it years ago, When she was learning it she would practice with me to help her learn it faster. She taught me the signs of a couple Christmas songs, and all the letters to the alphabet. I felt so cool Signing those couple of Christmas songs while I sang them. I think it was since then that I had always wanted to learn more. But when I was in South Dakota this past month a light sparked and I was thinking wait! Since I have always wanted to know this stuff why am I just sitting here wishing one day I'll just magically know it. I need to just do it, take classes and learn it! 
I felt inspired to say the least and told myself I am doing it, I'm going to learn Sign Language. I'm going to take all the classes and learn it all! So.....
we went down to MCC I got enrolled and I am officially going to school to lean ASL on August 21! I feel like a little kid being given some big fat cake. I am sooo excited! Nog took this Sign Language class 8 years ago so luckily since my husband NEVER throws anything away. He already has all the books I need for it. Yay!!! 2 more months and I will be a college student. :)

1 comment: