Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Our newest adventure

Here I sit on my lovely couch after returning home from a wonderful 3 week stay in South Dakota. Although I am sure happy to be back I am sooooo sad to be back at the same time. I wish South Dakota was just around the corner and I could visit when ever I pleased but for now trips in the summer will have to do and they are the best thing to look forward to. Nog and I went up together planning on staying for 1 week then 26 hours before the flight was supposed to leave the next day Koli and I decided to stay 2 more weeks. We did so many fun things there but when I think about my favorite days there it was the ones we just hung out at home all together and just simply hung out. I miss doing that with my family. Koli got so used to it there that when we came home she had a hard time sleeping in her own bed and didn't seem to recognize her home at all. But she seems to know it all now, just took her a few days.
While I was there LoLo had a orchestra and choir concert, both amazing! I love that I got to go to both, for her choir concert Justin and I went to both nights that they sang, yes it was just that good. The first night while all of us went Koli stayed home and Kiana watched her. To be honest I was a little nervous about it at first but I had nothing to worry about when we got home she was in her room rubbing her face, putting her Binky in and got her right back to sleep. She was so sweet with her, I got to have a different relationship with Kiana than I ever had before, she is such a beautiful girl, always smiling. She was teaching me a bunch of sign lanuage and she got to like me so much better since we could actually communicate. My love for sign language has grown so much and while I was there signing with her I thought how I would really like to learn more sign and be fluent in it, take classes on it. Then one day Heather was telling me how her and her friend (when they were in school for sign language) would go to restaurants and pretend they were deaf, and sign the whole time. We thought that was pretty funny and so I said hey lets do it tonight! So we did. After we had eaten diner we decided to go to a restaurant for desert. But first we ran to Walgreen's to get ear plugs. Ha Yes we really DID get ear plugs. They didn't work as well as we hoped for though. We could both hear the other person talking just fine but when we spoke we sounded muffled and when we chewed it was the loudest thing ever. So pretty much we could everything around us it just seemed a tiny bit quieter but we still kept them in plus if they noticed they would have thought it was a hearing aid. So after the ear plugs were in place we decided to go to Texas road house. We walked in, and I awkwardly stood there while I let Heather to do talking (signing) Pretty sure they had no idea we were "deaf" maybe just a little rude for not talking to them but we moved on. We sat down, took 2 bits out of their delicious rolls then looked at the deserts. We didn't see anything we likes so we quickly decided to leave. Our waitress hadn't been to our table yet so we thought we could hurry and sneak out. As we were walking away we heard from behind us I'm guess out waitress say "Are you guys heading out?" We didn't know what to do knowing if we said anything our plan of being "deaf" was ruined but didn't want to be mean so we just continued walking. Then when we got to the front they said "Okay, well have a good night" and then we felt REALLY bad so we walked faster. We felt horrible for ignoring them but hey people we are "deaf" duh! We can't HEAR you! So we rode on to Chili's instead hoping for better desert options. We decided this time to be smart and make sure they KNEW we were deaf so we walked in signing to each other. Right away the lady knew and sat us down, she ended up being our waitress so it was great. We gestured a few things here and there to her and she knew what we were talking about. Then this guy brought us our desert and she must have told him we were "deaf" because he was extra friendly. By this time I'm loving this deaf game. We were having so much fun. Heather was signing like a champ and I just kind of sat there looking like a freshly knew deaf person who maybe was a little handicap, her having to spell everything out to me very s l o w l  y, and me signing the things that I for sure knew the signs to. My vocabulary was quite small. In the end the night was successful and believable as two deaf friends went out for desert. It was awesome. I love my sister!

LoLo and I were determined to have healthier hair by the time I left. I had told her of some weird remedy foods that are supposed to make your hair healthier she was all for it so we went to town. Really, we did these hair nights 4 times. We even did face masks too using the juice from 4 grapes, baking powder, and wheat flour. Then for an exfoliator we used Lemon juice and sugar (that one was the best) Now do you want to hear what we put in our hair? First time, was honey and olive oil. Results-naaaa. It was really messy and gross but it was pretty funny. Second time-mayonnaise. Results-it feels disgusting putting it on and then you gets whiffs of mayo for days. Third time-avocado, egg yoke, olive oil. That one we left in over night because we were to tired to wash it out and our hair was rock hard in the morning and I was going to barf washing it out. but overall that was my favorite. The forth time we did that one again but the avocado was half way rotten and so we didn't use that part and exchanged it for mayo instead hahaha I can't stop laughing as I'm typing this. It sounds so sick now that I'm writing it all out but really it was so much fun doing it with her we just laughed the whole time and took really pretty pictures that you'll soon see here coming up. We covered out heads with pretty Walmart bags and looked and smelled just so pretty I'm sure you could imagine.

My other sister Rachel told me about this face wash that she loves, but it smells like pure death why? Because it is apple cider vinegar, but I have been using it and I kind of love it. Nog walked in the room last night after I had just washed my face then used that as a toner and we about died. He walked right out of the bathroom and could hardly stay in the bedroom he said it smelt so awful. I've drank this stuff before to help my get better when I'm sick and I almost throw up every time but it works miracles. Nog says he would rather pay 100 dollars on face wash a month than for me to smell like that every day, he won't even kiss me unless he's holding his breathe. haha and even then. :) I like him.

Justin is the cutest boy ever always taking Koli from me when he got home from work, or school. Koli just loved him. I have the coolest story ever to share. So one day we were taking Mom her phone charger to work you know so her phone wouldn't die. And on our way I started singing a song I heard the other day a phrase from the song, "And if it all goes crashing into the sea." That second Justin turns on the radio and it's that same song and the first thing we hear is "and if it all goes crashing into the sea." What? Can you believe that not only the same song, but the same line I just sang, we were freaking out, it was like something you would see on a movie and think, oh ya right that would never happen. But ya it did it was so sweet. He's so great.

My mom just spoils me rotten. That lady would give everything she had to her kids, and she does. Each morning Koli and I would go into her room and she would sing her song to her that she made up because of course she would. All us kids have a song so it's only natural. Koli's song- "The Bean, the bean, you know I love the bean." Every time she sang it to her Koli lit up in a huge smile and would reach for Grandma. It was the cutest thing ever. Then when she came home from work, same thing. I have the best Mama. I wish I could still spend every day of my life with her, she makes me so happy! I couldn't help but come home and cry because I already miss her so bad. Not fair, live HERE! Heather, Mom, Lauren and I all got to sing in church the Sunday before I left, we sang "I Know that My Redeemer Lives." It was so much fun singing with my sisters.

While I was there I decided to make my very first dress. It was originally supposed to be a night gown to practice on but I ended up liking it too much and now it is a Sunday dress. I would try it on and hold it where I wanted it, then take it off and sew that part, then try it on and see how I wanted to next part, the take it off and sew it. Then once I got the length and body done to fit I folding up to fabric for the shoulders, pinned it took it off and sewed it again. It was so fun and I love the way it turned out. I'm proud of my first time dress. Yay. Now I want to make 20 more. There are matching bunchy sides on the bottom of the dress too to match the shoulders but you can't tell in the picture.

First off we drank ALOT of milk...



 We went to the best pizza place ever. This pizza was ginormous. Koli was super excited about it.

 Love this picture
 Nog sitting on Lo cause there was no space in the car for him.
 What the? What is Penny doing?
 "Come on guys I'm ready to go on a walk"
 Kolis first haw ride, she even got to sit on a horse, I don't have a picture of that though, but you can imagine how stinking cute that was.

 While we were there Justin sprained his hand, poor guy, he's always getting hurt.

  Watch out lady, she's coming for you.
 Our super pretty hair nights


 Koli loves being in water





Grandma's doing tests on Koli
 While we were here Koli did SO many of her "firsts" she started crawling, sitting up, and even once pulled her self up by herself, not this time this picture is a fake Justin put her here ha. I feel bad Nog missed so many things but I also love that my Mom got to see her change and go grow up too. Brielle and Koli were great buds, Koli fell and after that Brielle kept putting her arm around her to comfort her.



Koli and I REALLY want a piano. 
 The entire time during choir practice Koli sat underneath the piano laughing at me. I couldn't help but take a billion pictures.

 Kolis first quad ride. I think she's going to be like me and love the thrill, heights, and all that fun scary stuff. Then maybe when she's 18 we can go sky diving together because there is NO way Nog would ever go with me.



 So now every time I change this girls diaper she quickly gets up and it ready to start playing. I remember watching my friend change her little girls poopy diaper and we kept squirming and crawling away with poop all over her bum and I busted up laughing for like 5 minutes. She told me, "you just wait" and sure enough, now it's her turn. I've gotten pretty speedy and can usually put something in her hand that will distract her long enough for me to finish. But this time we just cleary wasn't interested in the toy I gave her and wanting to turn around and sit up to play with something else. I couldn't help but laugh and had to take a picture of that cute little booty. Just sitting and minding her own bussiness. I think this will forever be my favorite picture. And I might just have to replace it with the picture in my bathroom of Nog and Talmages booty ha!

 The six kids in back on our way to go hiking. :)
 Penny thinks she's a person.
 Love this picture, look at that girl, are you serious?




 

 This hike was so beautiful. When we got to the top it was soooo windy, and freezing. I think every person on their way down (as we were hiking up) warned us about how windy and cold it was up there.

On the way back down, trees kept falling left and right because the bettles. On the way back we saw at least 5 trees that had fallen that weren't there as we were hiking up.

The 3 little ones sharing a bench, this is Heathers future coming this November (maybe December 2) :)

Mom was in the bathroom with Koli getting ready and she says did you know Koli has frecklas? I said, "no, I've never seen them before" then she comes out and shows me her frecklas that she drew on her with eye liner.

Forts

 Evans Plung - A natural hot springs.
Loved it here

 Koli fell asleep on me for like 45minutes in this tube, there is nothing like a baby falling asleep on you. It can't get better than that.




Koli waving and saying HI DAD! :)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED having you here! I can't wait til you come back! Being deaf was classic. We'll probably always talk about that story. haha I'm SOOOOOOOOOO glad you decided to stay longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea! I am so glad that we got to hang out in South Dakota! It was so much fun! And not that we didn't do fun things while I was there, but what the heck? It looks like you guys had a blast after I left. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting pictures, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete