Monday, June 25, 2012

SEWING!!!!

I have grown to LOVE sewing with all my heart. I find myself thinking of all the many clothes I have that I could fix to make them fit better and buying more fabric to make more. It definietly isn't cheaper to make your own clothes I have found but it is so much funner. My lovely mother made all my dreams come true when she bought me this mannequin form. I got it in the mail the day we were in Pima and came home to it! I was sooooooo excited. Really you have no idea I have been dreaming about this thing forever. (Ever since my Mom told me she was going to get it for me) Love you MOM! So it finally came and I couldn't help but open it up the second I walked in the door. Making my very first shirt (and many more clothes to come) that very night. It's so fun making it all up as I go and seeing what it looks like when it's done. I've been sewing and fixing everything in my closet. Making pants into shorts. Making Jeans into Skinny Jeans or Skinnier Jeans. Taking in shirts, all that good stuff. Pretty much raiding my closet and making up things I can fix, I just can't stop I've found something I LOVE to do and it's just so fun. Koli loves watching me and crawling all around me playing by my feet while I do. Grandma has named my mannequin "Big Red" ha I like it.
 
 This is the shirt I made the night I got it 

 I have been wanting a white shirt like this for so long but couldn't find one the way I had pictured it in my mind. Simple with longer sleeves. Then, made these pants so not flared at the bottom.


I saw a friend wearing a shirt that had a different color material on the back than the front.
I thought "that's so cute, I can make that"...

Then right after I took these pictures I decided I wanted the shirt to be a tiny bit longer plus with a band around the bottom I can wear it for when I get pregnant again some day.
Then made koli and I headbands out of the material.


4 comments:

  1. I can't tell if you are good at sewing or if you are just hot. Probably both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want to get one of those mannequins too! I think then I would sew more. Good job sewing all those things. That's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are super good at sewing I love every thing!! And your skinny minni!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What!?!? I never knew about this secret talent! You are amazing!!! And PS I started loving sewing too! You need to come to the fashion district with me where it is WAY cheaper to make your own clothes than buy them! The fabric is about $2 a yard! I go down there all the time and love it! I seriously have a stock of fabric! Anyways you need to teach me how to make all those cute shirts!!! Please come visit for a girls trip and we can shop fabric in LA and sew it up!

    ReplyDelete