Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Granola

Okay world! (meaning the 5 people that read my blog.) Today you are in for a big treat, literally. My sister told me about this amazing snack, granola that is. I tasted it and knew from that first touch that I needed it in my life. I came home excitingly anxious to make it myself and see if it tasted just as good. (you know how that goes) Plus even more excited because I know that the way to Nogs heart is food!! He always loves me way more when I cook for him. And that's a fact. I suddenly become the most attractive wife ever and I like that, it is true. So this is why I am loving to cook and bake and all sorts of stuff. If your husbands are anything like mine he will be in true love with you when you make this, and so will you (the food that it). This stuff is GOOD I'm telling you, and it's not like other Granola's that are hard and just not that great, to be honest I had given up on other Granola until this came into my life. So here is the recipe, very very easy.
Makes 3 pints jars
3c rolled oats
1/3c honey
1c sliced almonds
1tsp cinnamon
1/4c melted shortening
1/2tsp salt
1/2c raisins (which you add after it's been in the oven and before you put the lid on the jar)
mix all together put in pint jars or whatever size you have
preheat oven to 350 degrees, put jars in oven without lids on for 20 to 25 minutes.
You want it to be slighty brown, and make sure the rack is not too high so the jars aren't that close to the top so it's doesn't brown the top layer too much.
Take it out put raisins in. Put on lid. Shake it up and once it cools the lid will pop. (meaning it's sealed) and it will last 1 year in your cupboard. Enjoy world, it's a dream!

1 comment: